Friday, July 22, 2011

Victor Harbor Adventures

Thursday morning I was up at 6am and on the bus for Victor Harbor with my friends by 8:45. It was great to finally be getting out of the city and really seeing some legit Australia countryside. The bus drive over there was gorgeous.. passed huge vineyards and beautiful prairies. The drive was about an hour and a half to our first stop, the wildlife park.

At the wildlife park we were able to buy kangaroo food and feed kangaroos! It was awesome. The kangaroos were small and very friendly. They let us pet them and everything! To me they looked like awkward little animals... their tiny little arms and big legs. They kind of hop along but actually move mostly on all four legs/arms. When they lie down they kind of just tip over onto the ground. They were so funny to watch!

We got to see many colorful birds, crocodiles, snakes, dingos, wombats, and a koala! They had the koala sitting out on a bush eating and people could go up and take pictures with him. Everyone needs that picture with a koala and kangaroo to send home to mom!

Afterwards we drove another 15 minutes or so to the beautiful town of Victor Harbor. We stopped for lunch in the town and then walked over the bridge to Granite Island.

We took a path that led around the entire island and took loads of pictures. It was a beautiful view and there were even penguins!

I fell asleep on the bus drive home, of course, and got home about 6pm to eat some dinner (a PBJ and a carrot of course). Later that evening we all went out to a pub for some drinks and to enjoy each others' company. Everyone had really enjoyed the day and were bubbly about everything we'd seen and done.

Today is Friday and is definitely the warmest day of the week! Got up to about 60 degrees I'd say. I woke up around noon and went to my cafe to do some writing and reflecting. I love it there and am getting the hang of how to order my coffee! My dad was finally able to transfer money to my account here so I was able to get some food and buy a mobile phone (they don't call them cell phones here). That took the rest of my afternoon and now I have some free time before the Welcome BBQ for the UofA international students at 8:30. It should be a good time. Tomorrow at 10am we're taking another day trip, this time to Glenelg Beach. Will be taking more pictures I'm sure :)
The crew

Been having a good time.. still trying to work out what my budget is and trying to figure out my loan. I'm finally enrolled in my courses and need to get my textbooks next week. Anyhow, should be a good weekend here in Adelaide!

2 comments:

  1. Girl you are looking great! And im super jealous about you getting to hang with a koala!
    I miss you so much dude. Indy just isnt the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that 'roo looks awkward. glad you got that mobile phone and soon you'll be in classes at uni! Aussie-licious.

    ReplyDelete